Tuesday, August 21, 2007

On my 50th milestone

Monday, August 20, 2007

Surprise!
We had a surprise birthday party for Lilly Baji over the weekend. It was her 50th so obviously a little special. All of us gathered at my house, Honey brought the yummy food from Edison and I brought the cake from Mother Mousse Bakery. We then went to Lilly Baji’s house, we knew she was home because Kiran ( her friend) made sure she stays there. When she opened the door she saw a bunch of people holding balloons and trays of food and yelling surprise. Believe me she was Surprised! She had no idea about it. From then on the party went on smoothly, we had food first then she cut the cake and then opened the presents. We all had a nice time there.Over the last couple of years Lilly Baji and I have developed a special relationship. And although we don’t see or talk to each other on regular basis but I respect her more and more everyday. It is always fascinating to talk to her because she has an amazing knowledge about the world. I am always interested to know her take on things.Moreover she has been there for me when I really needed someone to hold my hand. This is at the time when everything seems to go wrong, early last year (2006). Manzar was in hospital sick with Endocarditis, Fahad was in hospital becuase of Appendicitis and I was full term pregnant. Between all the crises Lilly Baji helped me make it through. I will never forget her kindness and compassion during that difficult time.Cheers for Lilly Baji!!Ps: Pictures to come soon
Posted by Huriya Manzar
Labels:

1 comments:
Lily Orakzai said...
Dearest Hurriya,
This time you made me cry! This account is a special birthday present। The memory of that night will have a special place in my heart! "Surprize" is an understatement: didn't you see माय

mouth falling to the floor (and through the floor, perhaps), In cricket terminology, I was bowled over or clean bowled!
I opened the door expecting to see Suhail there, maybe with a cake, because Kiran said he would join us for dinner। But what I saw was beyond belief, and I love surprizes!
I have no words for your sentiments about me; suffice it to say we are tied through ages and generations in mysterious ways, and you, indeed have a very special place in my heart, despite those ties and relationships! "Thankyou" sounds too small and too inadequate for all that! I know you know I love you all very much! God bless you always!
1:04 PM

No comments: